Stay 2 nights in the luxury of Maple Lodge and enjoy a trip on Lake Wanaka.
Eco Wanaka Adventure co-owner Chris Riley’s enthusiasm and knowledge of the Lake Wanaka area is second to none and this trip to Mou Wahou is a must do when in Wanaka. Mou Wahou Island is unique glacial remnant accessed from Wanaka by a 35 minute boat cruise. The boat journey gives you the chance to appreciate the natural beauty and scenery of Lake Wanaka from the water.
From the landing area a well-formed track climbs steadily through native bush where at certain times of year you can enjoy the delicious smell of the Manuka flowers. Buff Weka a friendly flightless bird introduced to the island as a conservation measure can be seen along the walk and you will hear the song of bellbirds and other native birds along the way. Arethusa Pool is a small lake on the island with small islands within it and from the top there is a sweeping 360-degree view of Lake Wanaka, its surrounding mountains and valleys.
Total cruise time is 1.5 hours. The trip runs subject to weather and lake conditions. Depending on the planting season, you can help The Reforestation of Mou Waho by planting a tree.
Chris Riley (co-owner Eco Wanaka Adventures) has been involved in tourism, since 1983 and has had many adventures throughout the world. He has worked on documentaries with the NZ Natural History Unit filming in the Antarctic. He has been skippering boats on Lake Wanaka, leading trips on the lakes islands and working as a fishing guide on the lake and surrounding rivers since 1991.
Check out our availability and book this package contact us
Your Maple Lodge Lake Wanaka Mou Waho Island package includes:
- 2 nights Bed & Breakfast Accommodation in a Deluxe King Suite with en-suite
- Trip for 2 persons on Lake Wanaka to Mou Waho island
- Gourmet a la carte breakfast
- Afternoon tea on the return from your trip
- A complimentary bottle of sparkling wine
- Full use of Maple Lodge facilities
Maple Lodge facilities include:
- A Hot tub to relax in the under the stars and be revived for the next day
- Wet weather gear drying room
- Hi-speed Internet access
- Exclusive guest lounge with TV, DVD and guest library
- Real log fire
- Off road guest parking
- Peace & quiet
- Complimentary reservation and activity booking service
All guest suites are individually designed and luxuriously appointed with;
- Superbly comfortable beds
- In-suite air conditioning / heating to allow individual comfort control
- Private patio or balcony
- Tea/coffee making facilities
- Mountain views
- En-suite facilities with under-tile heating, high quality towels and NZ made toiletries.
*Rate is for one room (double adult occupancy) per night. (2 single beds are also available). Upgrade to a premium room for $40 per night. 2 night minimum stay